3.29.2015

The Day I Discovered You


Wow.
What a whirl wind this whole day has been.

July 6th, 2014
Started out like an ordinary Sunday.
The hubby and I woke up, got ready, made our way to church with our usual stop at starbucks.
I Normally get a Venti iced black tea and occasionally banana nut bread.
This morning I was feeling extra hungry and went for a bagel with cream cheese and my tea!

Church was amazing, as always.
We have found a home in a new church in New Albany, Ohio
where we lived shortly after married life. We look forward to our Sundays.

Afterwards we stopped by a store at Easton so the hubby could exchange something.
I waited in the car and just played on my phone. I was starting to feel a little nauseous.
But this didn't seem out of the norm for me, as I get car sick easily.

Headed home, and had a great talk about planning a family and parenting beliefs.
I was 11 days late, and didn't think much of this either, as I am always irregular.

(yeah look at me missing all the sings)

But we decided I should probably call the gyno in AM to see about our options since we
were officially trying to get pregnant. The hubby told me to take a test today, since that would be the first thing they are going to ask!

As he left for work, I Kissed him goodbye and headed to the grocery store.

Got everything on our list and the pregnancy test!
Remember thinking to myself as it was scanned at the register
"aw I will have to think of something cute to do tonight to surprise Levi when he gets home
to tell him were PREGNANT!" quickly shaking that thought away and laughing at myself saying.."I'm not pregnant"

Got home, took the test and laid it flat like instructions say.
I have taken test's before due to scares and usually look right away.
But this time, I turned it over and walked into the kitchen to unload grocery's.

I got distracted by telling a friend I was waiting on test results. We got caught up in the moment and excitement and I forgot to check the test for a little while. I went back to it finally, and it was clear as can be ...... PLUS SIGNSSS FOR DAYS!

I quickly call the friend back and started crying!
She squealed and said she was on her knees praying the entire time!

I jumped for joy, and cried some more, and then said "crap I have to call my mom"

My mom answered the phone and I said " you are going to be a grandma!" she couldn't even form sentences, as she was eager to be a grandma!

She barley said much more before saying "Pee on another one, I'm coming over" and hanging up without even saying goodbye!

We cried, and hugged! Once the excitment had died down a little, we headed to the store to buy some things to make that "surprise" I had initially thought about so that once the hubby got home from work I could shower him with the good news.

......Its now 10:30 pm, he is on his way home, and I am sitting here very impatiently lol.

I have already began pinning my life away! & according to all the apps in the world and usual estimating procedures, I am almost 6 weeks pregnant and "Baby Ing" is the size of an Appleseed!

I can't describe the emotions I am feeling.
I can promise you this has not even sunk in yet!

So enjoy this photo of How Levi will find out, while I keep processing all this excitement!

\

No comments :

Post a Comment