3.29.2015

Lures or Lace: Gender Reveal Party

What will baby "Ing" be!?
Boy or girl? 
Will daddy & I need 
fishing lures or lots of lace? 

Keep reading to find out...

Thanks to Pinterest, even before I was pregnant I was planning the perfect gender reveal party! 

If you know me well, then you know I am obsessed with hosting party's. I love everything about them from decorating details, to the menu & fun! 

Since the whole idea behind a Gender Reveal party was to find out the sex of your baby, I knew the fun part was already taken care of! 

When we were officially pregnant I searched and searched for the perfect theme for us! I came across the "lures or lace" idea! I knew it was meant to be!

For those of you that know my husband, know he would quit his day job in a heart beat to move out west and become a fishing guide if life let him! I spend most of my weekends off with him at Cabelas, Dicks Sporting Goods, and now thanks to Easton Town Center, Field & Stream picking out the perfect lure

And I am all for things burlap and lace! So that was a no brainer! 

We wanted to keep the guest list small and intimate so we just invited immediate family members and a select group of friends to share the moment with us! 

The morning of the party my parents met us at Ultrasona, a place in Columbus where you can go to find out the sex of the baby a few weeks before your doctor will actually tell you. 

The impatient libra's that my husband and I are, couldn't wait!

My mom went into the room with us! It was so peaceful and quiet. I got to lay on this huge comfy bed while they lounged on a huge leather sectional that could fit about 20 people! 

We got to see all sorts of angles of the baby on a big screen tv while the tech took measurements and pointed body parts out to us. 

Once it came time to find out the gender, they turned the big screen off & called my mom over to the monitor. We didn't want to find out until later that night at our party with everyone else!

They quickly discovered what baby Ing was, gave my mom some ultra sound pics with the sex on it, and she quickly made her escape to the car where my step dad was waiting for the news! 

We all went our separate way for the day, knowing not to talk to much or get to close in case my mom spilled the beans. 

Levi and I headed home to get the house ready for the party. While my parents went shopping!

Let the decorating begin...

I had a boy table full of things the old wives tales say you crave when your having a boy, which is mostly salty treats. 





I made a popcorn bar, where guest could make their own popcorn bags full of seasonings and snacks



My dear friend who has become our go to photographer captured so many precious details throughout the evening. This one being a favorite of mine... I made a banner of the ultrasound pictures from that morning to hang above the boy display... And this was our favorite photo of baby ing from that day! 





The girl craving table was outside, and it was stocked with cake pops and the main event, the cake which encased the gender of the baby! 








A friend and client of mine, actually made 2 cakes! My mom called her with the results, and she marked which one we needed to cut, but she made a boy & girl cake just incase! Inside each was pink or blue candies that would spill out once we cut into it!



I made this sign that welcomed guest as they came in the door, and my husband added his touch by putting all the lures on the top and the lace on the bottom!

We had a table set up where guest could vote for what they thought we were having, the results were mostly girl & only 3 boy guesses!


I also had a sign made that was of all the wives tales and according to them, I was having a girl 100% not one of them said boy! 

The anticipation was killing everyone! 
They kept begging me to cut the cake sooner. 
So once it finally came time, everyone gathered outside & I'll let this video do the rest of the explaining...






IT'S OBVIOUSLY A GIRL! 







I was a little excited to say the least. 
Don't mind the knife that falls toward my husbands foot, after I set it down. But how amazing is the look on his face in that photo. 








My friend Sarah, whom has been a best friend of mine since 5th grade is also pregnant and is due at the end of December this year. She is having a girl too ! So needless to say she was a little excited as well! We can't wait to raise our girls together and we hope they are BFF's just like us!





My mom, who had to keep the secret all day from me, was overwhelmed with joy when I finally heard the news. She knew how perfect a little girl would fit into our world and she is so excited that I get to have a daughter just like she did. 



This photo means more to me than I think our photograpaher even realizes as she captured all 3 of my parents & I in one shot.

 As I'm hugging my mom, standing next to my step dad & my father in the hat directing behind them. I am so blessed to have all three of them standing by me and supporting me with everything in life. They are more special to me than they know, because I no longer have any living grandparents, so as our daughter will not get to meet any of her great-grandparents on my side I know she will be so loved, blessed & SPOILED by these three grandparents!

As I mentioned before my mom went shopping as soon as she left our appointment and she knew what it was. So once things settled that evenin I had a present to open....


I mean what is cuter than this mini fur vest?


Oh wait, maybe this adorable rose outfit. 


& just because it wasn't a boy, doesn't mean daddy doesn't get his lure fix! 
How adorable is this little pink tackle box?





I can't even describe the joy I felt while embracing my husband once we knew it was LACE over lures. From the begginning he has said "It's a girl!" Not once has he thought it was a boy. As every man I'm sure longs for a son, he has been so excited and ready for his daddy's girl to get here!



Thanks for all the love and support already! We are so overwhelemed with joy. We sure have enjoyed spreading the news. 



As many of you have been asking, we do indeed have her name picked out. 
We are just keeping it to ourselves a little longer. 

----------------------------------------

Photo credits go to Justine of Justine Linn Photography & if you are local you better LOOK HER UP! You will not be disappointed.  She is so loving and good at what she does. She cares about her clients and it shows in her photos. 

No comments :

Post a Comment