3.29.2015

Pregnancy: Halfway There!

Halfway there

21weeks and counting...

For those of you not used to tracking your life by weeks, I'm almost 6 months pregnant !

I feel I am finally at the point in pregnancy where I can enjoy it.
I have not been feeling as sick the past couple weeks, and am very grateful for that!
I finally look pregnant, and not just like I've packed on a couple extra pounds for winter.

I am loving life.

Don't let that fool you though, I still have heartburn..
I still toss and turn every night and get little sleep..
There are plenty of foods I still shy away from because I know the outcome of eating them..

Pregnancy is not picture perfect like most moms make it out to be.
On their behalf I do believe whole heartedly that once that little babe is laid in your arms
after birth, all this discomfort is washed away from your memory and no longer seems "that bad".



I can not believe we are passed the half way mark. This is how we have been keep track of baby ing. Each week I change out the weeks and what size fruit she is ! I am 21 weeks and 3 days exactly. I have 18 weeks and 4 days left until Miss Hadley's due date.
Yes I said HADLEY! If you do not follow me on instagram or facebook, be sure to do so! I announced the name of our little one a few weeks back! I'm always keeping up with those two social media sites more than my blogs, so stay in the loop!



From the very beginning, before we even knew it was a girl Hadley was at the top of our list.
When I was still a stylist at Kenneth's, I was doing hair for a wedding party. I had just finished a couple bridesmaids and the bride when this sweet little girl hops in my chair.
She said "Hi my name is Haddy, what's yours?" with the biggest smile on my face, I replied "I'm Molly, nice to meet you Haddy." I turned to her mom and told her that was such a cute name, and she informed me "Well her name is Hadley but we all call her Haddy". From that moment on I always knew that name was going on my "list" for children names someday!

We had a harder time picking out boys names. That list seemed forever long, so it was nice to see pink when we cut into our cake, so there was no guessing.. we knew it was Hadley.

Renee is my middle name, and we wanted to keep it in the family, so we are passing it down to her.
Levi has his fathers middle name, and will pass it on one day if we have a son, so we figured it was fair to give our daughter mine.

Many things are happening here at the Ingram home to prepare for her.
Her nursery is coming together. We have most of the big things done, such as crib bought and put together. We had an old dresser we just painted to match the crib. We painted the walls as soon as we found out we were pregnant. They are a neutral creamy stonewashed color. There are these great valance boxes in all the rooms of our home above the windows that came with our home, we painted them coral to begin the theme for Hadley's nursery.



We are doing pops of grey, coral & gold...and glitter you can't forget the glitter!




There are two closet's in the room, we took the doors off of both, and are going to hang curtains instead. I like the openness of it, and how you can utilize more space. We are going to paint the inside of the closet's coral as well, for an extra pop of color. One of them is going to be turned into a reading/toy nook for now.. and someday we will transform it into a built in desk area for her to do her homework.




All we really need is a chair for me to nurse in, and some more decor for the walls & it will be complete. Her name that is sitting in the window seal will be hung above her crib eventually. 

Her closet and dresser is already full of clothes that have been bought by myself, friends and family or majority of it donated from aunts and uncles. I love walking by her room and seeing all the little clothes and shoes. As if I wasn't excited enough already..

With the holidays quickly upon us I know the rest of this journey is going to fly by! I am so anxious for her arrival, but am trying to cherish these few months I have left carrying her.

Daddy is getting rather excited to! It has been so fun to watch him over the last 21 weeks.. the closer it gets, the more sentimental I believe he becomes. I can't wait until he is able to feel her move. I have noticed her little nudges and jabs for the past 3 weeks now, and it is so amazing! I feel as if I love her so much already, I can't imagine what it is going to feel like when she's born.


& so the journey continues..

No comments :

Post a Comment