3.29.2015

Maternity Style

Maternity Style- 101

I am no pro at this, seeing how this is my first pregnancy! However I have really enjoyed dressing my bump & can't wait to keep it up for the next few months! 

I figured this post would be appreciated since the majority of my friends and facebook feed is consumed by mommy to be's all due around the same time as me!

I have been fortunate enough that most of my clothes still fit going into my 19th weeks. I have only purchased a couple new tops and a few pair of pants. Leggins are my favorite! 
Who knew maternity clothes were so comfy!!! 

Some of my usual beauty habbits have taken a back seat to my new daily beauty routine. Such a false lashes! I used to wear them daily, but just can't seem to find the energy to apply them every single day anymore. 

I recently have cut my hair off, which makes it easier for my to style each day as well! I'm learning the more simple I make life, the less stress I put on myself and my body. Even just by avoiding the little things. 

Below are some of my favorite outfits I have put together since being pregnant.  

Each week I take photos to track my bump, this was in my first trimester! 

I paired a pair of my regular black leggings, with a white tee from Victoria secrets, P!NK line! I belted a gray cardigan I got from the Lauren Conrad line @ kohls and finished my look with my go-to black Charlotte Russe boots. That is my favorite place to get cheap stylish boots each season! It's actually what I ask my hubby for each year for my birthday, since around fall they have but a pair, get a pair for $10! How can someone pass that deal up?? 

This is a little red dress I wore last Christmas that I belted to show off my bump! I threw on a black & gold scarf from Forever 21 & wore my black Charoltte Russe boots again. 


This was my last attempt to wear regular clothes. I actually took this pic while mom and I were shopping for my first maternity pieces, this was the first week of my 2nd trimester. I was having one of those "nothing fits me" days! My mother laughed historically when I walked out of the house in this! She swore I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something so quickly thrown together when I was younger. I told her "it must be a mom thing" 

I paired a regular pair of cropped leggings  from the Lauren Conrad line at kohl's with a red and white patterned swim suit cover up I got a Walmart during the summer, I finished the look with some old ankle boots I have had for years. They are so old I don't even remember where I got them! 

This was taken that same day, in the dressing room of Macy's! I'm wearing pea in the pod's brand maternity leggins, that are full coverage and have the stretchy elastic band that cover my entire stomach. The top is Jessica Simpsons line from motherhood. It's by far my favorite maternity purchase so far! The leggins are so comfy, and the top is too cute! My favorite part is the lace detailing on the shoulders. 

 Later that week I work this dress I got that same day, it is also Jessica Simpson from motherhood! It is hard to see in the photo but it is, stripped like that top but is navy blue and black! It ties in the back! I paired it with those same leggins, and some western looking calf height boots from DSW. 

Last weekend my husband and I made a trip to the outlet malls to do some shopping for his new job & the baby.  I found a motherhood store down there and snagged a couple more pairs of full coverage leggings, one in black, and then the ones in brown- pictured here. 
I'm wearing a regular white fitted tank, you know the ones with the built in bras. & I threw on this old blazer I had from kohls that I bought many moons ago but it's a light tan, and the cuffed sleeves are coral. If you know me well, and see me often then you have probably seen me in these tan cowboy boots I got from Charrtte Russe last season. I wear them almost everyday. The soles are falling apart and I will probably cry the day I can no longer wear them! 

I have found I feel more confident when I'm in clothes that are a little more fitted, not flowy. So that you can clearly see I am pregnant and not just packing on the pounds. 

Going into the fall & winter months I know layering is going to be my signature. 

Adding a belt I have found always helps dress up any outfit and separate your stomach from your chest, to again show off that baby bump!

Hope this helps & gives you many mommy to be's ideas!! 

Xo-
Molly. 

No comments :

Post a Comment