3.29.2015

Life in the first trimester

Before I jump into how things have been thus far..
I wanted to fill you in on Levi's reaction to finding out we were pregnant!

(If you haven't even read my reaction to find out yet, click here to read my previous post)


He got home from work late that night, walked in and just skipped all the excitement I had laid out on the table announcing to him! I had to remind him I had a surprise for him....

He walked over to the table.... skimmed right over the adorable onsie I made for him and picked up the preganncy test's. He cover his mouth and just kept repeating "omg, omg, omg, omg" with the biggest grin. He then began to ask if both said positive! I shook my head yes and squealed. It took him a moment to process but it was the cutest most guienue response I could have ever asked for.

___________________________________*______________________________________


I have actually looked forward to being pregnant and growing that baby bump for years now.
The moment my hubby and I said "I do" somewhere in the back of my mind baby mode kicked in.

But us both being Libra's allowed for lots of planning, and we both agreed in waiting to have kids for a few years. We wanted to enjoy those first few years alone and just enjoy each others company.

From the start we always said "We're on the 5 year plan!"
My mother always replied with.."I hope that doesn't work out for you!"
As an only child, my parents have been anxiously waiting the last 3 years for grandchildren.
Looks like my mom got that wish, as we are two years shy of our "plan"

If I have learned anything about becoming parents, it's that you are never REALLY ready.
There is no set time, no way to prepare completely.

This first trimester has kicked my you know what!
I thought pregnancy would be all butterflies, and baby talk. Full of yummy foods, and cute maternity clothes. Little did I know it would consist of all day "morning sickness", exhaustion like I've never felt, and no bump at all! Just bloating :)

Whoever decided to name the nausea attacks "morning sickness" was seriously mistaken. I know every woman and every pregnancy is different. So as my first, I am already looking forward to my second hoping this portion is smoother. I have tried all the tricks in the books from saltine crackers, ginger, preggie pops, eating small frequent meals like a toddler, and natural remedies. Nothing seemed to be doing the trick. I decided to seek help from my doctor who prescribed me two medications, the second after the first wasn't working for 3 weeks. I have been on the second medication for a couple days now and it has helped the most so far of everything I have tried, but
I still can't go a day without barring my face in the toilet.

My husband always jokes with the doctor and family whenever someone asks how tired I am. He rants about how I was a "napper" before pregnancy so you can only imagine me now! I have to admit, he is kinda right. But you will never catch me complain about this symptom. I am taking advantage of all this sleep, while I still can!!

As it is still too early to determined the gender of the baby, every day is a guessing game.
I have done the Chinese gender calculator, compared my symptoms to all the old wives tales, tied my wedding bands to a string and dangled them over my belly, and gone over possible baby names a million times!
We are planning on doing a gender reveal party next month with our immediate family and close friends! So stay tuned if you are just as anxious as we are!

I am coming to the end of my first trimester and am looking forward to see what the second brings! Praying that bump I've always dreamt of rocking! Through the good and the bad, I am so blessed to be able to be carrying a child. I know so many woman can't...and my heart truly breaks for them.
Everyone should be able to experience this journey...

No comments :

Post a Comment