3.29.2015

Home Reno: Ingram Style

We are officialy homeowners




Our First Place As Mr. & mrs.



Quite the fixer upper. It has many projects awaiting us. 
My husband's family is full of handy men, so thankfully we are good in that department. 


This section is strictly for all things DIY.


So if you are not a fan of burlap, glitter, mason jarscountry charm, and home improvements, I suggest you steer clear of this page! 



This is for those followers who are interested in my little projects, as well as a way for us to keep family and friends informed of our progress on the house! So I hope you enjoy!




At the beginning of our 4th week as home owners and we have  completed quite a bit on the reno list. 

The day we purchased our home was such a blessing and we will never forget that feeling of acomplishment, love and excitment for whats to come! 









The first week included removal of wallpaper in the kitchen & man was it rewarding at first! 6 hours later it became frustrating. Here are some before and afters of the kitchen progress. 




BEFORE: 











DURING:





AFTER:






To remove the wallpaper I used a steamer first and let it set a few minutes befoe peeling the wallpaper off. Then I used cheap fabric softner and a spray bottle to remove the glue. I sprayed on the softner, the longer you let it sit, the easier it is to remove! Then I just used a spatula to scrap it all off. The glue removal was the most time consuming part, as ONE wall took 6 hours!




It's no where near being finished though. 

Paint still needs applied to the walls & cabinets. 
New counter tops and a sink needs to be installed. 
The carpet MUST go, and we will be installing hardwood.
Our appliances are being swapped out for some vintage ones that the 
home owners left in the basement to keep with our old farmhouse theme. 


It is going to be amazing to see everything transform. 


Also happening in week one, all thanks to my amazing parents, whom painted our
master bedroom before we moved in so that at least ONE room felt like home and was more our style! Here are some before & afters of it! There are still a few more touches to be added, like a chandelier, curtains, and some wall art! But it is so cozy and nice to wind down in every evening together.











The paint color is Valspar's "Caramelized Onion" Semi Gloss from Lowe's. 

Our bedding is from Lush decor, and was a fabulous Christmas gift from my mother-in-law
The decor above our bed is all from this perfect little shop in Canal Winchester where we moved, called Georgie Emerson Vintage, and if you are local- IT IS A MUST SEE! I have created quite the obsession with the store myself. 
-The wings are made out of old newspapers and were $35
-The banner was $12 and came in a bag with everything for you to put together yourself.
The owner, Polly is such a doll. She has such a spirit about her, and incredible taste. I love her style and it is going to be my "go to" for our farmhouse theme!
The wreath on the door was made for $3 from things I gathered at walmart! 





Move in day: could not have happened without my awesome in-laws! It was so fun having them help us set things up, even our niece Amelia wanted to do some decorating! 





My cat miley & I had quite the adventure on the drive over!



Week 2: Another shout out to my amazing parents is in order due to the fact they spent the whole weekend helping me paint our living room & hallway while the hubby was working doubles, with a sinus and ear infection. I couldn't have done it without them. 















The paint color is Valspar's Weathered Oak Semi Gloss from Lowe's!

The built in & fire place are still a working progress...


But as week 3 came to an end, I started on the fireplace. I was impatient, like always and started painting before my husband could help me remove the cover, so I had to do some touch ups once he got home from work & was able to take it off. 


BEFORE: 









DURING:











AFTER:






Meanwhile, my hubby & his father, started reno's on the upstairs bathroom!

It was like a time capsule and needed a major face lift. As you can see below the toilet, sink and tub are all the wonderful dusty rose pink, while the back splash is a grayish blue and the walls a neon mint green. Now if you know me, you are fully aware of my mint green obsession. However, that isn't quite my shade. 
There was no shower in this bathroom and that is what the boys spent the weekend putting in. The cosmetic changes are coming soon, and will include a new toilet, sink & vanity top. I will be painting the vanity bottom white, and buying new fixtures. We are going to replace the mirror and all the back splashes. As of now we are undecided on the tub, and are weighing are options. Color wise everything will be white and blue. Multiple tones of blue though, not just one. We are evening adding some bead board wallpaper as accents, againnnnnnn keeping in that farmhouse theme.


BEFORE:




DURING:












The AFTER is still a little ways off, but here is the result of the guys putting the shower!





As we head into week four, my project for the week is to start on the built ins around the fire place in our living room, and hang the lighting fixture in our bedroom as well as some in the kitchen. 



As eager as I am to have everything done, I am enjoying every single bit of the journey. 

I must admit, I didn't expect how much work it would be, and how on my days off I would still be "working". I am usually exhausted and have become a little bit of a zombie, but I know in the end it will all be worth it!


Hope you all enjoy, thanks for letting me share our progress! 
I know our family will really enjoy this section of the blog as they are spread all over the country. 

No comments :

Post a Comment