9.10.2015

Memory Lane



Before I became a mom, 
an obsessed crafter, 
an experienced stylist, 
a home owner or a blogger..
I met this man, 
Levi yes like the jeans. 


We met on an online dating website 6 years ago. 
The week my profile was made, was the week he planned on deleting his. 

Levi was ready to throw in the towel. 
I however was just beginning my journey into the dating world 
after spending a summer single.

I was always that girl that jumped from one serious relationship to the next. 
Everyone told me, and deep down I knew I needed "me" time to find myself before I could find 
THE ONE.

So that summer before I met him I forced myself to stay single and just mingle. 
I learned so much about life, love and what I wanted for my future.



I was in hair school at the time, and had met some of my forever friends..
life seemed great. I was still young and had my whole life to live for
but something kept pulling on my heart when it came to dating. 

I took those mixed signals as signs to rekindle old flames, 
yeah that didn't work out. What was I thinking? Haha

I knew there was no one for me in my hometown.
I wasn't one who went to bars, or party's so 
I knew that wasn't the way I was going to  meet my soul mate.
& A girl can only attend so many country concerts 
before all the guys start looking the same, am I right?

Which lead me to online dating.

Levi was the first guy I really talked to on there 
& I remember that week of getting to know each other like it was yesterday. 
We spent most nights staying up late chatting back and forth in emails, 
msn messenger (yes I am dating myself) and eventually just texting 24/7. 

He was 5 years older than me, from a small country town, & was in school for nursing. 

In my heart I knew I had to meet this man.
I was doing my best to take things slow, as I normally fall to fast. 

However the next Sunday after church, he had asked if he could take me to dinner that evening if he came to Columbus. I actually had plans with a girlfriend that night but told him he was more than welcome to join us. 

I always joke, looking back now by saying
 I was just being precautions in case he was a serial killer by bringing a friend along haha.        

But we all went to dinner and hung out downtown for the evening.
With the midnight hour drawing near we both knew we didn't want this date to end..
So we went back to my friends and stayed up talking all night in her living room.

Looking back on that next morning we both knew we would eventually get married.
You could say it was love at first sight, we just didn't know it then. 

Fast forward a year and a half, we were strolling the mall one day and we decided
to go into a jewelry store so he could get "an idea" of the of ring I wanted. 

Every girls dream when they are dating the man they know they want to marry, 
is when they start asking "what kind of ring do you like?"
This was the first step to the NEXT step.
We had so much fun picking out diamonds and we actually designed our own
that was hands down my dream ring. 
It was stunning. The clerk looked at us and asked if we would be purchasing it today..
I nervously laughed thinking "yeah right?!" and before I could even get the word NO out
Levi had said YES! 

I was stunned. I remember leaving the store that day calling my mom saying
" I think I'm engaged, I'm not sure??"

Fast forward again to four years ago TODAY!
9.10.11


In front of God, and 75 of our closest friends & family members we said I  DO!

I can not imagine life without him, and that's because I'm not supposed to.
He is my person. The one God made for me. 
Every year that passes just confirms that as we grow closer, 
keep learning more and more about each other and now raising our daughter together. 


In honor of our anniversary I thought I would share this video we put together of all our wedding photos to reminisce on all those wonderful memories. 




No comments :

Post a Comment