5.14.2015

Wet to dry heatless beachy waves

I am not one that goes looking for low maintenance do's, as a stylist it's my job to spend time on my hair making sure it looks good. However majority of my clients long for them & it is also my job to find solutions to their problems & achieve their needs. I understand that life gets crazy & time is limited. 

This week my salon held a product knowledge class for a new product line we are getting called 'Bumble & Bumble' 

I was eager to try some of the products we were given to test out! So I dove right in. 

One is a new product they are launching this summer called 'Don't blow it' where no heat is required. You just put the product in wet hair & let it air dry. It is supposed to enhance your natural texture & be easy to get up and go! 

So here is my review & tutorial on wet to dry heatless beachy waves! 



Step 1: 
Wash your hair , towel dry it & comb it all straight back. I like to comb my hair all back before applying the product so that it can be distributed evenly. 

(I used tigi's catwalk 'fashionista' purple shampoo and conditioner for blondes)


Step 2:
I then applied the products.

The first one was a spray on conditioner that acts as a primer to help fill in all the gaps and seal the cuticle before applying other styling products. Kind of like what make up primer does for your face! 

'Bb prep primer'


After spraying all throughout my hair (and I sprayed a lot!!!) I combed it all back again. I then applied the next product 'Don't blow it hair styler' 


I used about 3 quarter sized adrops total. I feel like you couldn't over use this product. It smells so good and has a light weight creamy conditioner feel. 

Step 3: 
Shake your hair and establish a part. Then you want to take random sections and twist them with your fingers away from your face like so ... 


The more messy the better!

Step 4:
Do nothing ! That's the best part. Just let your hair air dry. Mine takes forever, thanks to being so blonde. My hair lacks moisture and wants to hold onto every ounce of it that it can! Therefore I just slept like this!

I will admit during the process my hair felt stiff and crunchy! But when I woke up , & ran my fingers through it to broke up all the pieces and was astounded!

My very VERY poker straight hair had some wave to it! And it was soft and touchable and you couldn't even tell I had product in it!! I'm sure those of you with actual wave or texture to your hair would get even better results!! 


I am so excited for this product to launch & can't wait to get it in my clients hands!!! I love that I got this look with NO HEAT! Perfect way to keep your hair healthy


Xoxo. 
Molly 

No comments :

Post a Comment