5.26.2015

Favorite Nursing Cover

I have been on the hunt and tried several nursing covers the past few months.

I have loved being able to breastfeed my little one since birth & it's been such an incredible journey. 

I have however struggled with finding the perfect nursing cover so that I'm able to feed her in public. 

Not that I am against or judge those who don't use covers, more power to ya! For me, it's what works best & makes me and my family feel most comfortable. 

After 3 months of searching I have finally found the perfect product thanks to a dear new friend of mine!! (Thanks Keshia)

But first, the struggle:

I bought an 'udder cover' that is just a big piece of fabric and hangs around your neck. You can find it here 

I used this in the first couple days at the hospital when we had visitors and tried it a few more times at home with company & for myself it was more of a pain than lending a helping hand. It never stayed up and was hard to see if Hadley was latching. The way it fastened around your neck always came loose and would fall down as well. 

I stopped using it after a week or so and started searching for something better. 


I then tried the infinity scarf that I got from buy buy baby you can find here 
It seamed great in theory at first! 
It was a nursing cover that doubled as an infinity scarf so that you were able to wear it and have it at the drop of a hat when out in public and baby was ready to eat! 

When I get a new cover I always try it out at home first to make sure I know how to use it and there aren't any mishaps and not am I glad I did with this one! 

Since it's meant to be worn mostly as a scarf the holes are so big that it barley stays up on your shoulders. 

And while I was nursing with it Hadley and her crazy arms and legs pulled it off numerous times! So I knew it wasn't going to work in public for long and I needed to find a better cover! 

Thankfully a friend of mine introduced to me to the company 'Covered Goods' and after little convincing I ordered myself one as my first Mother's Day gift to myself! 



As soon as it came in the mail & I opened it, I knew it's what I had been looking for 

First of all the material was so much softer than any others. It was also very stretchy and cooling. Most other fabrics would make me so hot after just a few minutes of Hadley nursing. 

The best part about this cover is the fact that the top opening is smaller than the bottom so it literally sits on your shoulders and stays up around you to get you 100% covered. 

Although it's stretchy enough to take one arm out once baby is latched giving you the change to multitask a little. 

You can use it many different ways!

You can wear it as a scarf, which I love so much more than the other one I had. It actually lays cute and doesn't get too hot around my neck. 


It's even advertised to be used as a car seat cover, and a shopping cart cover!

I have draped it over my car seat multiple times.
It's nice because you can still see your little while while keeping the sun out of their eyes. 

I'm looking forward to using it in stores once Hadley gets a little stronger and can sit up completely by herself. It's a great way to keep them from sliding around and keep all those germs off of them! 

I even got creative this weekend and used it as a blanket and made this tent over her swing when we were camping to keep her in the shade more & protect her precious new skin from the sun! 


I am so in love with this product & think if you are a nursing momma you should own it stat! 

But even if you aren't breastfeeding it's worth the money for the 3 other ways to use it!  And can we talk about how cute they are!? They have some other great patterns as well! 

Check it all out & buy your own here 

No comments :

Post a Comment