5.13.2015

Quick Inspiration craft

I never go looking for inspiration, it always finds me. The universe is funny that way, it always knows what and when I need things most! 

I have been OBSESSED with the show 'Fixer Upper' on HGTV lately & when they decorate and finalize details on the houses they fix up, Joanna the wife- usually has great quotes turned into artwork! 

This quote I used for my quick inspirational craft she used in a woman's home who was becoming a single mother due to a divorce & was looking for a new start.. And it just spoke to me. 

My mom raised me as a single mother for many years and now that I am a mom myself I know what that took & am forever grateful to her for all the sacrifices she made for me. 

With my maternity leave officially coming to an end, taking on a new position coaching cheer & re-doing furniture pieces for a profit now (more on that later) I have had to be away from my baby girl more than I'd like to lately. 

If I could have it my way I'd just strap her into some baby wearing contrapment and take her everywhere with me, however this is real life & that's not the case!

Some days are harder than others but they all end and begin the same, with a choice. 



How amazing is that quote?
When I saw it on the show I knew I had to have it in my house somewhere, I wanted to see it daily as a reminder. 

It literally took me 10 minutes to make! I just bought sticky letters from targets $1 bin in different colors (5 packs total) & the big canvas came in a 2 pack from Walmart for like $6! 


I used a ruler to keep my lettering straight & laid them all out before I peeled the backs & stuck them to the canvas 


Once I had everything where I wanted it, that was that! See... So easy! 
And cheap!! So cheap ! 

I hung it in our living room where I will see it everyday. I have been building & re-doing this collage wall since we moved in last year & I am really starting to love it! 


I can't wait to make more crafts for it!! 
So stay tuned :) 

Xoxo 
Molly 

No comments :

Post a Comment