3.06.2014

Teasy tutorial

First up for Fan Pick Fridays-
The most common question or how to suggestion I get is by far "how do I tease my hair??" 

I have had many loyal clients get hooked on me, by being able to teach them how to tease their hair at home! 

Leaving the salon looking fabulous is great, but what about the in between visits & the every day do's? 

I feel as a professional, that's my job too! 



So here is a 5 step tutorial on how to tease your hair like a pro! 

You only need the following things:
The products can vary based on your favorites. I personally enjoy the Kenra Line. So I like to use their platinum "dry shampoo" and the one & only volumizing hair spray "25" !  You will also need a clip & a comb with fine & wide teeth! 

Ready, set, GO!

Flat, drab & in need of volume !


Step 1: using a dry shampoo or any volumizing/texturizing spray at the root and rub in with your finger tips creating a gritty base for the tease to sit on. 

Step 2: section out a thin Mohawk section over your part line from your forehead to our crown. This will be left in the clip until the very last step!

Step 3: take the fine teeth side of your comb and make small circular motions with your wrist allowing the comb to "back comb" your hair near the root only-on each circle creating, basically a rats nest of matted looking hair!
As you can see I did this all around my head following the lines from my sections of hair that is clipped up!  This is the time you want to decide on how much volume you want. For me, the higher the hair- the closer to God! I should have be born I Texas! I love me, some big hair!


Step 4: unleash the clip & use the wide teeth side of the comb to smooth it over all of the crazy teasing! This is the trick to making a tease look professional. 
Leaving a little bit out to smooth over makes a world of difference & allows you to cover any flyaways so it looks more tammed. 



Step 5 part 1: finishing spray! Lock this look in place with a heavy duty hair spray!

Step 5 part 2: best advice I can give you, is HAVE FUNNNNNNN. Hair is a way to express yourself! I always use my Kenra 25 hair spray to get my look even BIGEER!!!!  


Don't like to tease, but still want volume?
Here is a little trick using only hairspray & your fingers:
Using one hand, take your finger tips and dig in grabbing hair at your crown, and lift up. 
Use your other hand to spray hairspray on the lifted section. Hold your hand in place with the hair lifted until the hairspray drys and sets in place (this should only take about 10-20 seconds) 
And release your fingers. The hair should stay in place! You can repeat this step as many times and in as many different areas as you need to until you achieve the amount of volume you are looking for!

Tips on getting that teasy rats nest out of your hair, at the end of the day: 

1. Softly brush it out
2. Spray a leave in conditioner on your hair while it's still dry before you even get in the shower 
3.conditioner, conditioner, conditioner !
Now would be a great time to do a conditioning treatment if you have time!

Xoxo
Molly

3 comments :

  1. You are like a hair magician ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to find my teasing comb - I always love how your hair looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! do it! you can do this, i know you can :)

    ReplyDelete