3.21.2014

Fake Lash Tutorial

I have been called fake more times than I can count growing up.

Only when it comes to my eye lashes are those people right.

I am madly in love with fake lashes.
Aside from having my brows filled in, lashes are next up on my list of must haves before I leave the house. They can spruce up any look, and can even be worn with no makeup at all.



There is no wrong way to apply them, this is just the way I have found to be easiest.



Like all products, there are tons of types of lashes.
This is only the 2nd time I have used this salon perfect line I bought at Walmart.

I usually use the ardel brand that can be found at any drug/grocery store.

There are lots of shapes and sizes to achieve all types of looks.
If lashes are new to your world, I recommend Ardel's "babies" brand. They are simple
and when starting out, less is more.

Glue is a preference. There is no shortage of choices in this department either.
My favorite is the Duo line, but I have used many others, such as Lashgrip.



Step 1: apply all the makeup that you are going to apply for the day. Lashes go on last! Everything else needs to be done, they are just the final touch. In this photo I have already applied foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and filled in my brows. No Lashes are currently applied, just my natural ones.



Step 2: remove the lashes from the packaging and decide on the glue you want to use. The lashes should be smaller at one end and get longer. The shorter side goes on the inner part of your eye next to your nose as the longer more dramatic side goes on your outer eye towards your temples. Just like your natural lashes. You may also need to trim them. They are NOT one size fits all. Customize them if need be to match your eyelid.

All brands offer two different colors.



Clear: dries clear. Hence the name. most like this kind because you cant see the glue once it is dry and it doesn't mask the makeup that you have already applied.



Black: the black glue, tried jet black, and it is my personal favorite because I find that it covers better and acts as extra eye liner to complete my look.



Step 3: apply the glue to the lashes. I used the lash applicator to hold the lash still with one hand, while using the other hand to apply the glue to the lash. The thinner the line, the better.





Part 2 of Step 3: Once the glue is applied to the lash, I let it sit for 15 seconds so that it gets "sticky" and the I apply it to the center of my lash line, as close to the lashes as I can get it. I used the lash applicator for this step.





Step 4: is where you use the tweezers to adjust the placement and secure the ends. Once you have the entire eyelash secured wait 30 seconds for it to dry, and then double check to make sure it's not going anywhere. Giving it those extra seconds helps the glue to adhere to your actual lashes, and will prevent you from moving it around when you double check it. (You wouldn't want to do it all over again, although i have done that mannnyyyy times! Practice makes perfect)



Ta-Da!




I love the effect lashes give and I always get so many compliments on them.

To remove the lashes lift and pull up on one side peeling towards the other side slowly. No need to rip it off like a band aid.

You should never tear out your actual lashes. If you are, then you are probably using too much glue, or your glue has gone bad! & It's time to buy a new one!

Happy lashing!

xoxo Molly.

No comments :

Post a Comment