6.04.2014

Bathroom DIY

As most of you know, we recently bought our first home.

This past weekend we celebrated with our closest friends and family
at our house warming bbq. 



It was such a special time for us, and were so thankful for all who came out and supported us.



I had posted on the DIY section of my blog a few months ago,
you can check it out here to get caught up.

I love all things crafty, DIY, and country chic.
My husband is very handy and able to help with the bigger projects.

So here are a few of the more recent projects we have completed
and figured I would share with my followers and those who 
couldn't make it to the house warming party!

Enjoy & leave me feedback in the comments!
Can't wait to hear what ya'll think.

As I posted in the DIY section of the blog, we have been
renovating our house room by room since it was built in the 50's
and everything was still original. 

For more details about the bathroom project check out the link above! 
But here is a couple quick before shots:





Please check out the lime green paint, the dusty rose pink sink, toilet, and tub! 
& the blue tile. Someone couldn't make their mind up when it came to colors.
Also notice the full length wall mirror thar makes you feel like you are in a dance studio! 

We decided to keep the vanity and just paint it, since it was solid wood.
We are trying to save money any way possible.

here is the vanity before:



here is the vanity top, after my husband and father in-law removed
the blue tile back splash:



These are a couple great demo shots! We tore up the carpet as well, YES i said carpet!





Now for the fun part!
 Painting; my favorite. 
We used the new 
Valspar "reserve" line from Lowe's.



It's more durable and is supposed to be easier to wipe things off the surfaces.
We thought this would be ideal for the bathroom (and we will most likely
use it in the kitchen when we get to finishing it)

We painted the vanity a creamy white:





I replaced the hardware as well from the old outdated knobs
to newer, still vintage looking sleek ones.



They matched the faucet we picked out perfect.



We went with a single piece for the vanity top so it would
be easier to clean. It is a white marble like surface:



We covered up that awful green with a great light gray:




We replaced our toilet with a new Kohler brand one! My husband loves it, personally I just love that it's not pink! 



The floor has to be my favorite part though!



My husband and his dad installed a laminate that is
a distressed, white wash looking wood floor. We got it from home depot:



Here is the finished product!
Just a few last minute touches I do. 
For the most part, were calling this one a wrap! 










We had fun decorating with little things we picked up here & there. Mostly from tj  max/ Marshall's and items from my favorite store here in Canal Winchester, called Georgie Emerson Vintage. I have talked about it before and the majority of my house is dripping in things from there! 

Such as this mirror, that I bought in grey and painted this bright blue color to match our towels and shower curtain. 



& the sign above it that reads 
"Make good on the promises to yourself" 

I knew I wanted an inspiring quote to look at every morning, I just wasn't sure what it was until I saw this sign in her store! 



But one of my favorite things we hung on the walls was a piece of old news paper we found in the walls during the demo process of the bathroom reno's ! 


This was dated for June 5th, 1955 which was 59 years ago, almost to the day! 

We love how much character this house has. It is the main reason we bought it. 
It has just been so neat as the days go by the more we find! 


It's the Columbus Dispatch. 


That's a wrap! 
Hope you enjoyed our bathroom DIY. 

Xoxo
Molly

1 comment :

  1. love the color combination, it is so fresh and pretty! and those floors, oh my! i want those in my whole house! thanks for the shout-out too! the mirror looks great that color! i need to be more daring in color, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete