5.23.2014

Camping tips & beauty tricks.


In honor of memorial day weekend, this post is going to be dedicated to Beauty and the Beehives favorite camping tips & beauty tricks! 

My in-laws go camping every memorial weekend! It's become a tradition over the last few years, and as much as I am a city girl and need my Starbucks & wifi.... I enjoy a secluded weekend away here & there. 

It's nice to be disconnected from today's society and just enjoy family time. But of coarse I still want to look cute doing it! 

No matter who you are going camping with there is almost always someone to impress these days! Rather it's your significant other, or maybe you are meeting their family or distant family for the first time! 




 When camping you don't want to over do it and be all glamed up so here are some great tips in order to look stunning with natural beauty!  



First things first- ditch your makeup for the weekend! There are normally not bathrooms, let alone mirrors when camping! So replace your foundation with a tinted moistureizer so that you get sun kissed shear coverage with SPF. 


Next thing to consider is false lashes! I know I know sounds crazy for camping! But if applied correctly to a bare makeup-less face they can stay for days! 



What better what to skip the eyeliner and mascara needs for the week and still look  fresh and awake with some suble false lashes! 






It's a bug eat bug world out there! So don't punish yourself by wearing perfume or body sprays! 



No need to attract the little pests. Substitute your smell goods for spray D.O.  It's a newfound love of mine and this secret brand is my favorite. It feels nice and cool when applied and you can get it unscented. This way you can stay fresh all week long!




Leave your nails naked! This is probably the only time you will ever catch me saying that! I am huge on having your nails polished to complete every look! 

But I think it's a great idea to just bring that big bag of nail polish you have laying around your house (I know you have one!!) with you! Sitting around the campfire all day leaves you with nothing but time! Why not use this opportunity to bond with the other ladies on your trip. 

Rather it be friends you haven't seen in a while, family members, or your significant others mother, sister or cousins. Give each other a mani & enjoy some girl time! Refer to my previous blog post on the easy DIY manicure by clicking here.  

When it comes to doing your hair everyday just slightly switch up the style as the weekend goes by! 

For example:

Day 1: wear hair down (straight or curled)
Day 2: pin bangs back 
Day 3: pull hair half up 
Day 4: messy up do or sock bun!

Another great option and less work when it comes to your "do" is a hat! 
Rather it's a cute girly trucker hat 


Or a trendy fedora you will not only be keeping all your hair up & out of the way, you will also be able to keep the sun out of your eyes. 

Camping attire should look like you just through the outfits together but with style. I suggest mixing your cute clothes with your quiters (as my husband and I call our lazy clothes) 

Below are some outfit combination ideas! 

 Pair lace shorts with an over sized tee or zip up! I always like to wear my husbands button downs, or hoodies! Mens clothes are just better! 



As night falls just layer more ! Through on a pair of sweater boots to keep warm. 




You can also wear a pair of denim shorts with a razor back tank or an over sized tee.  

Another great way to layer is by wearing leggings with button down shirts and even pairing it with a vest! 

Here are a couple photos I found on Pinterest as inspiration! I love how they paired and layered everything together. 



As far as shoes go it obviously depends on the time of year but I usually always have a fair of tennis shoes packed in case we go for a walk or hiking. I bring  flip flops for showering and walks on the beach! & I never leave home without my rain boots, which are my favorite! 

They are so durable and are perfect for late night fishing, or after a rain fall that leaves the camp site muddy. 

I hope this helps! 

Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone! & please feel free to post and share your photos! I love hearing when you use BATB for your everyday beauty routine. 


Xoxo, 
Molly. 

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing good information ! very nice. I love camping. This is such a useful tool for writing. It helps me with my story writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas , Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if that's cool. Thanks

    ReplyDelete