4.25.2014

Quick make-up tips




Make up is becoming a new love of mine. We are currently in the lust stage where I can't get enough of it.  

My salon just had educators in this week from TIGI to teach a class & all I could think about was you and the rest of my followers and how I couldn't wait to share!

Well and how I wanted to buy every single thing in the line! 


Although make up is a new love of mine, it is not new to me. I have been doing make up for years now & even used to dabble in airbrush makeup when I had my own on site bridal hair & make up business! 

The beauty industry is ever changing & always updating. So below are some tips and tricks as well as the latest trends in make up this year! 

First of all, when applying make up sit back away from the mirror. No need to press your nose against it (unless your applying eye liner or something tedious) but no one sees your makeup that close up. They are awlays standing a few inches or more away from you- so that's how your make up should be applied so that you see if how everyone else will!

Mix & match! In this blog I will talk about ways to use makeup for different things & apply it to places you never would have thought of! 

Face- 

Foundation is the base to your make up application. You want to make sure you have selected the correct tone that matches yours skin. Don't hesitate to seek professional help for this. 

Use a face primer before applying your foundation! This will help to even out your skin tone, blemishes, and even minimize pore size. 

Aside from selecting the right shade- the type of skin you have is equally as important!

You should take I to consideration your skin type when deciding which type of foundation you want to wear. 

Dry skin: should seek liquid or creme foundations. When you skin is dry you need extra moisturizer in your makeup to compensate for the dryness. It will help give a more flawless look. 

Liquid foundation is what I use primarily since I have dry skin. 

I recently was introduced to creme foundations that come in a compact that looks like a powder but is more blendable and easier to work with at times. 

This is my duo I have been using lately. Rimmel is a drug store line that can be found at most stores, and in my opinion it was one of the more luxury lines for a decent price. 


Combonation skin: can use either creme foundations or a whipped foundation. Whipped foundations are becoming more & more popular. They are light and fluffy and dry almost like a powder but still add moisture. 

Oily skin: is able to use a whip or powder foundation. The whip drys matte and isn't over barring for someone with an oily skin type. 

The tigi whipped foundation actually has and ingredient in it that prevents pores from getting infected and keeps them minimized. It is a great solutions for teens or woman going through menapose as pores are something that changes with  Hormones. 

A major trend right now is that luminous, sun kissed, dewy look! I personally think J Lo does this look best. She always looks like a sun goddess. 

I achieve this look with a few different products. Sometimes in order to get  what, you may have I to break some rules. 

For example- I use this eye shadow pallet I bought at target as a bronzer & highlighter! It doesn't have to just be for my eyes!
This is the bronzed beauty 
quad by Sonia Kashuk!

I just swirl the blush brush around the 3 golden colors (not the dark brow- let's be smart about this ladies, think of your skin tone! I have fair skin so that would be too dark to add into the mix for me)

& I apply it to the high points of my cheekbone, my forehead & lightly on the bridge of my nose. 

You want to think of the places the sun would actually be exposed to so that you look as natural as possible. 

I am sure it may seem silly to rub eyeshadow on your nose- but think outside the box, to get looks you have never gotten. 

Here are 2 other products I use to give myself a luminous glow:


Nars "orgasam" blush. 
NYX liquid illuminator.

Eyes- 

Eyeshadow base is a must! It's like a primer for your eyelids. It helps adhere your shadow as well as making it last longer. 

I often use the eyeshadow base by itself on days I want to look "fresh" & simple. Maybe when I just have errands to run and am not heading into work in need of a full face of makeup! 

Here are my two favorite brands! 

NYX 


I apply both with a concealer brush! 


TIGI



I actually like the TIGI one more. It has an irredecent look to it & naturally high lights your eyelid & brow bone. 

Any eyeshadow primer will conceal dark spots and even out the tone of your skin making your eyes seem wider & brighter 

Once you are all primed & ready to go have fun & experiment with your shadows. 

The biggest thing right now is layering & I don't mean with clothes! 

Layer everything! Especially eyeshadow. 
Here I have layered a silver on top of a black shadow, which would make the perfect color for a smokey eye! 

Here is just the black shadow 


Here you can see how the black looks once I over layer the silver. What a perfect smokey gray!

The more you layer the longer your make up will last! 

Lips- why let your eyes have all the fun? 

You can even use eyeshadow to layer on top of lip stick! I used this duo to create a  gorgeous shimmer lip color...



This is a berry colored lipstick that I layerd the shimmery gold color I have it pointing to in the bottom left corner. 

The left side is the lipstick by itself. 

The right side of this photo is where I layered the shadower over it by just dabbing the loose powder onto my lip with my finger. 

Want your lips to stay all day? Becareful when you blot away!! 


I know I know for years we all have been doing the good ole' kiss the tissue where the lay it in between our lips & press down. 



This actually doesn't take off enough excess product leaving you with lipstick on your teeth later in the day & the next thing you eat or drink is going to start breaking it down and wearing it off! 

The new and improved way takes off just the right amount of product will setting the rest to last all day! 


What you will need: 

A tissue
Brush
And setting powder (my favorite is this high def one by E.L.F. from target) 


Step 1: take the tissue and press it against your open lips. It will stick. 


Step 2: take your blush brush & some loose setting powder and tap it against the tissue pressing it on your lips. 


Viola! 


Try it! You wi be amazed! 

Keep in mind when doing your makeup that if you have a bold lip, keep your eyes simple. If you have a bold eye, keep your lips simple! You want them to compliment each other, not take away from one another. 

Brows- 

I can not stress enough how important your eyebrows are. I have already talked about it and you can check out my tutorial on filling them in here at my previous brow 101 blog!  


They are the frame to your face! If you take nothing else away from this blog- promise me you will just test out filling in your brows. 

The ideal shapping for your brows would be to start about a pencils width from the bridge of your nose and end where your eye end. A great way to find that is to take a pencil and lay it against your eye diagonally pointing up towards your temples! 

Here are the products I like to use to fill my brows with! 

As shown in my brow 101 blog: 


E.L.F. Brow kit 
& Sonia Kashuk gel. 


TIGI's brow powder & wax duo - much like the E.L.F one I use but the darker color in both of these are a wax base allowing the bowser beside it to stick better to your brows! 


The best makeup tip I can give you is experiment! Play around! Try something new! I have gotten into the habit of always doing the same thing everyday! It is nice to switch it up! You will never know if you like something until you try it! 


No comments :

Post a Comment