2.26.2014

Brow 101

Wow those brows.

Eyebrows have been trend setting recently and I have totally jumped on the  bandwagon. 

No shame here. 

I actually never thought twice about my brows when it came to my makeup routine until Pinterest informed me of all the possibilities.  

Now I can't get enough! 

Eyebrows are what frame your face! Think about it, you would never hang a picture on the wall without a frame.. Why leave the house without your eyebrows done????

This is an easy 3-step tutorial on how to fill your own brows. 


My biggest tip to make sure they still look natural, and not over done, is to just follow the shape of your brow. 

If you do not like the shape, see a professional and have them shape then for you! 

Below are my favorite go to brow products. 

Half & half = Sonia k & elf. 
Both purchased at target. 

Elf eyebrow kit- this kit has 2 tones for you to custom blend & match your brows perfectly! One is a liquid gel base, and the other a powder consistency. 


Sonia k brow gel- is applied on a mascara like brush, it is availabe in multiple tones. I bought the one closest to my brow color. 

Brushes:

Sonia k- is the gold one, with a brush & comb. The comb side is usually used for your lashes, and I prefer to use the brush side to tame your brows. 

Elf- is the white one, and I like the small tip of the brush! I find it easy to use when applying the elf brow gel & powder. 

---------------------------------

Now for the DIY part ! 

It's as easy as 1,2,3 !
In this photo I currently only have foundation and mascara on. 
Nothing else. 

Step 1: I take this time to use the white side of this brush, and comb all of my eyebrows up towards my forehead so that I can get underneath my brow easier when I begin filling them in. 
This is after I have combed the brow. You can clearly see how thin, patchy & not cute; my eyebrows are. 
They look so naked. 

Step 2:  now that those crazy brow hairs are out of the way I use my elf brush and the darker color, which is the gel based product to fill in my brow working from the bottom up! 
Viola! Already looking human again !! 

Step 3: lastly I use this brow gel brush to comb the crazy hairs down, and fill in a little more around the top better while giving my brows a setting product. I love this gel as it last all day & finishes the eyebrows nicely keeping them looking soft and subtle. 

See? It's that simple! 

Here is the comparable of one brow done. You can see the difference and how it just finishes a face. It makes my eyes look bigger & fresh. 

I did no extra shapping, I just followed the lines of my natural brows. 

I can't imagine going a day without filling them in now. Aside from mascara it's the ONLY thing I must have done to leave the house. All other make up routines are debatable! 

Hope this quick fix helps & you enjoy it!

Xoxo-Molly. 

No comments :

Post a Comment