4.29.2016

How to pack for a weekend trip

As a woman I have a tendency to overpack. When it comes to everything. Down to my everyday essentials. 

My daughters diaper bag is stuffed to the max and my purse is always over flowing.  

So when it comes to vacations and getaways I never fail to disappoint or overpay for additional luggage. 

However the last trip I went on I didn't use/wear half the stuff I packed. 



As I leave for Nashville in just 24 hours, and will only be in town for 30 hours I knew overpacking wasn't an option. 

Here are my essentials that I'm taking on a 2 day trip to for a hair show I'm attending with my girlfriends. 


One word. ROMPERS.  

Less items to pack. Less matching games to play. Easy. Just throw it on & go!! I plan on taking three separate rompers that can be paired with ONE pair of boots. 

This first outfit will be spent doing some sight seeing for breakfast and then in and out of classes all day at the hairshow. 

{Romper: Target, Jacket: Target, Necklace: Altared State, Boots: DSW}

 
I plan on just taking my jacket off from the first outfit and wear that little black romper out to dinner, taking my daytime to evening wear easily. 

But we're more than likely going to hit up all the Honky Tonks, into the wee morning hours and I'm always one for an outfit change! 

So here's to my Girls Night Out attire. 

{Romper: Target, Necklace: Walmart, Boots: DSW}


Last day you will find me in you guessed it, A ROMPER! 

We will be in an out of classes again at the hair show & then driving 6 hours home! To me there is no better go to than a romper. 

{Romper: Target, Shaw: Target, Necklace: Premier Designs Jewelry via Barb Cline, Boots:DSW}


If I don't use it daily, I'm not taking it. 

Since I'm only going for 2 days there is no need for shampoo and hair tools. Dry shampoo is my best friend & gets me by when I don't have time to wash and style. 

Of course I'm taking make-up, but not my whole collection. I'm literally just taking the necessities that I use every morning. 

Along with my make up remover, toothbrush & paste, D.O., self tanner (because you never know) & my Rodan Fields Eye Cream I can't live without. 

I also packed an oversized tee and pair of my new LuLaRoe leggings as pj's. 

Last minute things I will toss into my awesome Nfinity cheer book bag that my amazing cheerleaders got me at the end of our season this year, is my cell & iWatch Chargers and some snacks for the road trip. 

If you follow me, be prepared for it to look like Nashville threw up in your newsfeed. It's MY city. I seriously think I belong there. It makes my heart sing. From the music, to the lifestyle, to the food, shopping, the river & southern hospitality. Maybe one day. Girl can dream right?!

Nashville, I'm coming for you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment